There is accordingly a great extent of choice in retail merchandising these years. To decide the style of retail display you require, ask yourself the following questions:
What is the objective?
* Distribution Gains
* Reduce out of stocks
* Promotional Pricing
* Trial use
* multiple Purchase
* Brand Awareness
* New product launch
How long must the plan continue?
* 4-6 weeks
* 7-12 weeks
* For a longer time
Retail Display Design
Even the keen distinctions among temporary opposed to. semi-permanent retail store displays ought to be meticulously well thought-out before the absolute answer is reached. This is fundamentally due to the growing breadth of obtainable display options. Only looking at materials for starters, there are retail displays made from just about every material known to man. The principal purpose to draw customers’ interest must be met by packaging that is visually appealing. A thriving display must be positioned in the store purposefully to aid the merchandising objective.
Retail Display Types
There are 3 types of retail displays:
1. Temporary or “in and out” displays are intended for a display interval of 4-8 weeks and are usually constructed from corrugate materials.
2. Semi-Permanent Store Displays are designed for a display period of 12-52 weeks by means of more hard-wearing construction engineering and “hard” materials together with plastics like acrylic, styrene’s, and co-polyester materials, as well as metals, wood, and glass.
3. Permanent Store Displays are designed for 1-3 years or more display intervals are regularly positioned as a product kiosk or “store within a store”.
While considering any retail display strategy, there is much to take into account in maximizing your return on Investment. A retail display is not simply a place to rest product in a retail surroundings.
1. The strategic aims need to be properly defined and confirmed.
2. The time frame of display needs to be clearly identified.
3. The variety of display needs meet all the objectives.
4. The display needs accurately reflect the brand name image and positioning in the marketplace.
Also just imagine for a minute how much time, effort, and capital we all invest in package design!